Monday, August 25, 2008

Camping Trip

Tom and I took Riley on her first camping trip last weekend. We went up to Finland, MN and hiked the Superior Hiking Trail to Egge and Sonju lakes. We had absolutely perfect weather for hiking - highs in the 70s and lows in the low 50s.

She was a great hiker, and we even let her off leash on a couple sections where there weren't other people. She stayed right by Tom, and stayed on the trail.


Tom and Riley at out first campsite. We hiked in after dark on Friday, in the rain. There was another couple already at this site, so we hiked on to the next one, which was also already occupied. They each had 4 tent pads, so we came back to the first one, and set up camp.


Ry kind of went swimming... she still isn't very sure of herself in the water. She likes to splash in, but won't actually pick up her feet and swim. She went pretty crazy and did the 'butt-down run' all over!
She loved helping Tom fish... I don't think they actually caught anything, but they had fun trying!

I was very impressed at how well she did in the tent. She would curl right up at night and go to sleep. I suppose she was so wiped out from hiking that she would've slept anywhere.
Here's a family pic of us on Lilly's island - an island that's connected to shore by a boardwalk right by our Sonju campsite.

On the way home we stopped in Duluth and let Ry dip her paws in Lake Superior. She slept in the car while Tom and I grabbed a bite to eat at the Brewhouse, and then we headed home.

That's all for now - from Laura and the tired out pup!

No comments: