Sunday, November 15, 2009

Playtime with cousins

Riley's 'cousins' Oscar and Duncan stayed with us while Matt and Fran visited Portland and Hawaii (lucky!). Tom and I weren't too sure about having 3 dogs, especially two large dogs, in our little house, but they did surprisingly well! Matt and Fran may need to do some re-training, as we spoiled my nephew-pups quite a bit. They were allowed up on the bed, and I often found them snoozing on the couch... oops!


The only trouble they got into was in the yard. They dug up some grass, and got into my garden, where they decided to dig to China in my veggie beds. I quickly learned that wiping 12 paws is not my idea of a good time. Tom was a huge help with dog exercise - I didn't dare take all 3 on my own, but he did, several times. The first day that we had all 3 pups Tom was home sick with a cold. He let all the dogs cuddle in bed with him - how cute!

In other news, I have started taking yoga classes 3 times a week - twice at work and once at my old elementary school with my mom! It's super relaxing, and a pretty decent workout. I have definitely had muscles hurt that I didn't even know I had! Last week was our 6th grade musical at school. The kids did great, and it'll be nice to get back to a normal schedule this week, without hour-long musical rehearsals daily!

No comments: