Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sick Girl



Riley hasn't been feeling well since Saturday or so... she's been very sleepy, has had no appetite, and has been running a fever. We should've realized that sleeping through the night was not a good sign... starting over the weekend, she would go to bed with us around midnight or so, and not whine to go outside until 7 or 8am. This was a drastic change from the 5-8 trips outside she'd been making previously. She was in to the vet Friday, Monday, and today, and is staying at the animal hospital overnight tonight. The house is very quiet without her. It's amazing how after having her for only two weeks it seems so strange to not have her here!

Even with three trips to the vet, they're not exactly sure what the problem is. The vet initially thought it could've been pneumonia, because she threw up on Friday, and I guess sometimes dogs get pneumonia from aspirating their vomit... gross, I know. But, two rounds of x-rays have come back inconclusive, along with blood work. Poor girl...

We felt so bad for her that we let her up on the couch with us last night...
she sure is a cuddly pup!

Don't worry, we didn't feed her any of that...
but the bottle from the freezer helped cool her down.

I never thought I'd be saying this, but I'm looking forward to her whining, chewing on me, and begging to play! She's been so lethargic the past few days, it's like having a stuffed animal instead of a puppy. We want our curious little girl back!

No comments: